Well, surprise surprise, it's me, the creative wacko out of whom emerged Emerald O'Brien, Persia Vanderbilt, and the D'Artigo sisters. I had no idea I'd be blogging for SMB today, so this is off the cuff. I notice somebody already took the "5 reasons why..." (stares at Jayne Ann Krentz) idea, so that's off the table. So I'm going to give you my favorite five books of the past year--though they may not have been published in the past year. While most of what I like to read and write have to do with the paranormal, I'll read just about anything that catches my eye.
1. Haunted by Kelly Armstrong--I love, love, love this book. Darker urban fantasy, it has substance and I love the main character. Please, Kelly, write more about this character.
2. Awakening by Kate Austin--wonderful, magic realism at it's best.
3. Smoke in Mirrors by Jayne Ann Krentz (even if she did steal my idea). Very good, interesting plot, and fun.
4. American Gods by Neil Gaiman--what can I say? Incredible.
5. A Terrible Beauty by Graham Masterton--incredibly spooky, and fascinating.
So, those are five I recommend, and that I have on my Keeper Shelf. Remember--reading in some countries is a privilege and not a right, so go forth and read. Doesn't matter what, as long as you enjoy it.